The Cause Of The First Wrinkles Appearing Around The Eyes
Wrinkles under the eyes are a sign of premature aging. To overcome this, of course, there must be the best treatment for under eye wrinkles. One of which is by using an eye cream. But remember, the application of eye cream must be done regularly for optimal results.
According to research conducted by Good Housekeeping, at least the wrinkled eye area is a problem for 85% of women. This research was conducted on 1,000 readers. The reason is clear, these eye wrinkles make them look older.
As you age, your skin can change color, lose its firmness, become dull, and develop fine lines and wrinkles. Generally, the appearance of signs of aging can be minimized by changing habits and routinely using skincare products with anti-aging formulations. But before that, do you really understand the difference between the signs of aging, especially the differences between fine lines and wrinkles? Read on to find out the differences and how to solve them!
How to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles under the eyes?
Don’t skip the skincare steps around the eyes because the signs of fine wrinkles on the face will appear first in this area. Unlike the skin on other facial areas, the skin around the eyes is very thin. With a thickness of only 0.5 mm, one-third of the thickness of the facial skin, the skin in the eye area is not only thin but also smooth so that signs of aging can be seen more quickly.
The skin in the eye area also does not have fat under the skin, thus the area becomes loose tissue. The changes that occur in the eye area are influenced by many things, for example, aging factors, collagen tissue, bone structure, and fat pads. In addition, the muscles around the eyes are also very dynamic. In a day, the eyelids can blink more than 10,000 times. Of course, it will cause changes in the skin area.
Apart from fine wrinkles, problems that often arise around the eyes are dry skin, dark circles, changes in skin texture, eye bags, and inflammation. Although we cannot change the genetic and aging factors that trigger skin problems, there are other factors that can be prevented so that the aging process of the skin in the eye area can be slowed down. The trick is to routinely treat the skin in this area as early as possible before problems arise. In the past, the concept of anti-aging was fixing problems. Now, the paradigm is more towards prevention. We slow down premature aging with proper care. It is recommended to use eye creams from the age of 20 so that aging in the eye area can be slowed down.
Here are some skin care tips and skin care options for the skin around the eyes:
- Hydrate or increase the moisture content in the skin by using a moisturizer that suits your skin type.
- Maintain and increase collagen production.
If it is started at a young age, collagen production can be maintained. There are many ingredients that can help build up the collagen around the eyes, for example, the peptide class.
- Antioxidants Choose skincare products that contain antioxidants but need a more thorough. If it only contains vitamin C, it will work for a while. Must be completed for maximum results. For example, vitamin C pairs with vitamin E.
- Anti-inflammatory content, such as niacinamide which is often used for anti-acne or aloe vera.
- Reduces pigmentation. Niacinamid also has anti-pigmentant benefits. So it is advisable to choose eye cream products with this content.
- Protection with sunscreen. Finally, make sure whether the skincare is suitable for sensitive skin, especially around the eyes. Check safe ingredients.
fine lines and wrinkles, especially under the eyes, are indeed signs of aging facial skin because the skin loses its elasticity.
How to get rid of wrinkles under the eyes is important so that you look younger. The reason is, the skin will lose its elasticity as you age. As a result, the risk of signs of aging, such as facial wrinkles and fine lines, including in the area under the eyes, becomes unavoidable.
Even though there is nothing wrong with allowing these wrinkles, there are several ways to deal with wrinkles under the eyes that you can do.
Causes skin wrinkles under the eyes
The existence of fine wrinkles on the skin is often identified with aging. But actually, people who are still young can also experience it. This condition does not necessarily indicate an abnormality. When you make an expression, such as smiling, laughing, crying, etc., the muscles in your face roots contract in such a way that they can give rise to these wrinkles. As long as the levels are not excessive, this condition is certainly not a dangerous thing.
In addition, it is possible for wrinkles under the eyes to appear due to the following reasons:
- Dry skin (xerosis)
- Excessive sun or dry air exposure
- Have allergies, for example to cold temperatures, dust mites, pollen — allergies can make itching around the nose and eyes so that sufferers will often scratch and develop wrinkles
- Inadequate sleep quality or quantity
- Smoking habit
- Excessive caffeine consumption
- Infections in the area around the eye, such as blepharitis, hordeolum (stye), preseptal cellulitis, and so on
As long as it doesn’t interfere too much with your appearance, you shouldn’t worry too much. You can do the following tips to keep facial skin tight, especially around the eyes so that wrinkles can become more subtle:
Avoid eyes that are too tired, for example by
- limiting looking at gadgets
- not getting used to reading while lying down or in dim light
- Don’t cry too often
- Do facial exercises
- Before going to bed, compress the eye area and its surroundings using cucumber slices
- Enough sleep
- Mask wrinkles with cosmetics that match your skin type (such as a concealer)
- Do not smoke
- Don’t consume excessive caffeine
- Expand to eat vegetables and fruits that are good for nourishing the skin
- Avoid excessive exposure to sunlight or dry air
- Use sunscreen when doing outdoor activities
However, if the complaints do not get better, there is nothing wrong with you consulting directly to the skin and genital specialist for further treatment.
Last but not least, getting enough sleep! Getting enough sleep every night is not only important for maintaining mental health, but it can also help improve the appearance of skin. This is because, while sleeping, the skin will do natural self-repair. Therefore, if you don’t have enough sleep, think: Late night Netflix binge-watch or Instagram scrolling can prevent your skin from doing natural self-repair, which in turn triggers the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
The causes of wrinkles under eyes can cause you to look older than you should be. By taking precautions early on, you can help slow down and minimize the appearance of signs of aging, such as fine lines and wrinkles on the face.